What type of wood is right for your project?
Special Wood offers a range of quality woods in a multitude of lengths and widths.
- Eastern White Cedar – Siding, paneling, shingles, shakes
- Western Red Cedar – Exterior siding and lumber, shingles, shakes, posts and caps
- Eastern Red (Aromatic) Cedar – Frequently used in closet and chest linings to repel moths and other insects. Wood is most often left unfinished to preserve its aromatic properties.
- Cypress (Clear, Knotty and Pecky) – Interior and exterior paneling, siding, flooring
- Douglas Fir – Construction and finished lumber
- Ipe (also known as Brazilian Walnut) – Decking, handrail, dimensional lumber – most board sizes available in even & odd lengths from 6′ to 24′
African and Fijian Mahogany
Caribbean Heart Pine
Southern Yellow Pine
A local, renewable resource well known for dimensional lumber, plywood, decking, flooring, and pickets, handrails and moulding.
Pressure Treated Pine, kiln re-dried
Available in #1 Common, C & Better and Wet (rated for ground contact)
Excellent workability, easy to paint. Dimensional lumber and moulding – boards of even & odd lengths up to 16′